Chess - like board game on PC with 5 teams

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Methos

Chess - like board game on PC with 5 teams

Post by Methos »

I played this game a bit some times around the early 2000s on Windows, though it is possibly older than that. It was a board game similar to chess where you have a bird's eye view and different types of pieces on their own tile. However there were 5 - 6 different sides and I think the board was star shaped, or possibly a hexagon or pentagon.

Each of the teams was a different race - one was humans outfitted with medieval armor. Another was a bird type race also with medieval weaponry. Another was an ocean/fish type race - I can't remember any others but it's a fantasy theme. I also believe that you had 2 enemy teams and 2 others were neutral - the goal was to kill the two enemies, I *think* by killing their king like in chess. I think that every team had unique enemies, and they were the team across from you (or maybe adjacent).

That's all the detail I can recall and I'm not even totally sure about all that. It's a long shot but not being able to find this game has really been bothering me - searching has yielded no results as all the terms I can come up with are too generic. Thanks for any help. :thumbsup: