1st person scifi survival on alien planet[Robinsons Requiem]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
jaroslavburi

1st person scifi survival on alien planet[Robinsons Requiem]

Post by jaroslavburi »

Hi everyone,

whenever I remember about this game, I try to search internet, but I really never ever found but a single picture or mention..

The game begins as you get out of your crashed spaceship. You can pick up the wires and electric stuff from wreckage.
You have some amount of water and some pills to purify picked water, otherwise you get sick.
When fighting, you have to actually fix parts of your body with all the procedure - clean, bandage or even apply fix if the part is broken.

I remember playing it with my father and after short time there is section when man comes to you and transforms into werewolf and is just too strong so we died there every time (didnt have walkthrough) - you are supposed to go collect some feathers on mountain or something like this to progress.

It was really complex survival/fps game and I am surprised its not mentioned anywhere. Maybe it was bad?

Thanks a lot to anyone who knows about it!
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Sounds like Robinson's Requim, or one of the survival games it inspired.
https://www.mobygames.com/game/robinsons-requiem
jaroslavburi

Post by jaroslavburi »

Thats it :) thanks a lot !

I guess the biggest issue of the game was its complexity and the need to have walkthrough.

I followed the Silmarils development studio with its games and seems like weird unpolished gameplay is their biggest issue..

Good lesson for game making :)