Windows multi-player real-time fantasy fighting game (90s)

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
squ33ble

Windows multi-player real-time fantasy fighting game (90s)

Post by squ33ble »

Hi all,

My sister and I have been trying to track down the name of a game we played back in the 90s. Since I was born in '92, it was likely played in the late 90s, but I can't remember exactly how old I was at the time. The game itself could have been older, possibly 80s.

What we can remember:
  • We both recall playing together, so it was multiplayer in some way (probably through a shared keyboard).

It was a top-down, 2D game that may have been in a castle courtyard of some form. Very low quality graphics, but there were obvious trees and stuff like that. It was also in color.

The map was sizable -- you could definitely move around, so it wasn't locked in one screen.

It had a ton of levels. Each level had waves of a particular enemy type (so we believe it was one enemy type per level, at least from what we can remember from the beginning levels). I think you had to clear all enemies to move to the next level, but there were hidden ways to "jump" levels, including a way to jump to level 60 or so, where it was impossibly hard and chaotic.

The one enemy I clearly remember is a giant green blob thing that would split into smaller blobs of slime(?).

I don't recall what our characters were like, only that they used magic and had to real-time fight. I want to say that one of them was able to shoot arrows.
I've wanted to find this game for years but can't remember enough other details to track it down. If this sounds familiar to anyone, please let me know!

Thank you!!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Something like Get Medieval or Gauntlet?
squ33ble

Post by squ33ble »

MrFlibble wrote:Something like Get Medieval or Gauntlet?
Hmmm it looks similar to this style for sure, but I don't think it's either of those. But this is definitely the type of game I'm talking about! Not sure if there's a more specific name for it, but that top-down sort of fantasy fighting.