I just remember two levels, sharks and infrared

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Matthes

I just remember two levels, sharks and infrared

Post by Matthes »

Hey there,

I'm looking for an old game my father played in the 90's and can't remember much details.
I think it was some kind of adventure with action elements, but I was about 8-10 years old back then and am not sure if I mix some things.

I only recall two levels and I'm not sure if I remember them correctly.

There was a stage where you had to cross a room with several traps and you had to find the right path with some kind of infrared device. I think it was an isometric view, but I'm not sure about that.

Then, some stages after that room, there was a pond with sharks and you had to cross it somehow. If you failed, you fell in the water and it turned red...

Well. It's not much, but maybe somebody has an idea?

Regards
Matthes
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

What platform did you play it on? PC/Windows/DOS or some gaming console?
Matthes

Post by Matthes »

Thanks for your answer! :)

Well, I can't ask my dad anymore, so I have to guess. Might have been a i486, a pc for sure.

I remember the tank turning red and the room where one had to use an infrared device to be brownish...

Very vague, I know, but I'm not sure about other details and might mix some memories from different games together.

It could be that you had to wander a simple 3d-world and entered the building with the puzzles mentioned in the first thread at some point. It might be that you had to shoot some kind of flying enemies with a kind of laser, two beams that came from the sides of the screen... I'm not sure about that part.
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

Sharks with frickin laser beams!!! :D

Minus the infrared, just the first description sounds like Pit Fall, but that could not be it and those were alligators anyway.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

The Crusader: No Remorse games had minor infrared puzzles and pits of toxic waste, but no sharks as I recall.

And that sounds like a James Bondy spy adventure of some sort; I don't know the timeframes but maybe something like No One Lives Forever (NOLF) or Covert Action? Were there more such games? There must be. And there certainly are James Bond Games :)

Was it a Sierra adventure where you walk around the screen like a movie set, or an isometric game like Crusader, or something different - FPS?
Matthes

Post by Matthes »

If I only knew more details...

It was no Jump'n'run and the focus was on this puzzles, so more an adventure than fps.

These were different rooms in a building/castle/something. The room with the hidden path was some time before the shark pool, the shark pool was one of the last puzzles before you... Well. Finished. How it finished - I don't know.

You entered this building/castle/something from the left, but the path through the rooms changed. The room with the hidden path was entered from the bottom and you had to leave on the top of the screen, whereas the shark-pool-stage was entered from the bottom left corner and left at the upper right/middle.

Damn... It's just so few details. But they always crawl through my head. You know, I was a little boy watching his father playing games and remained as quiet as possible so I could stay up a few minutes more. He smoked his pipe (it smelled awesome, still love the scent...), drank a cold beer and went through this game. That's why I don't know everything, just small details - and I can't tell if everything I remember was part of the same game.
I just know for sure that the two mentioned puzzles were part of one game. And I would love to find out which game it was.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Didn't happen to look something oldschool like this:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/jet-set-willy_