[Windows] Mid-2000s - AH64 Apache game in 3rd person 3Dish

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Looking4Apache

[Windows] Mid-2000s - AH64 Apache game in 3rd person 3Dish

Post by Looking4Apache »

It was one game of 4 or 5 (the other one I remember from the pack was some death race thing) from one of those bargain bin-esque shelves in Tesco's (UK) around 2005, although there's a good chance it was older than that.

The player controlled an Apache helicopter, starting at a small airbase for each mission, which usually involved destroying vehicles (jeeps, tanks, submarines etc.) as well as buildings and other points of interest. Q and Z were used for altitude control and I forgot what was used for directional controls. The helicopter was armed with a cannon, Hellfire (targetable) missiles and some dumb missiles as far as I remember.

You were able to take off from the airbase (which iirc was located behind some forested hills on one map) and then attempt to destroy all the objectives, with the possibility of rearming your ammunition at the airbase again by landing there.

As mentioned, I played it around 2005 or so but there's a good chance it was older than that as all of the games looked outdated then, but that could just be because of low development budget.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Looking4Apache

Post by Looking4Apache »

ah, should've mentioned - I checked the lists mentioned in the post guidelines (including that one). I didn't recognise any of the games on the lists I checked, although some looked similar.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

ok, so which ones looked similar, and what differences did you note?
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!

@Quadko:

It has been a while since we talked. Just wanted to say you are doing a great job helping people out with the games. Congratulations to you and others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
Looking4Apache

Post by Looking4Apache »

I thought about it again and I guess since that's around the year I thought (2004), this could be the game: Apache Longbow Assault.

I'm pretty sure the arctic screenshot is the one with the submarines, so thanks for posting the link again.

Again, cheers!
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

I did not check the links, but everything you mentioned, especially the out dated graphics remind me of games in a series called Strike, such as Desert Strike or Nuclear Strike. They all had to do with a helicopter that had a few weapons, flew around and killed stuff and in my personal opinion, looked like crap. I never liked them, I was always getting shot by one thing or another. Granted you could usually find armor or land and get repaired, but it just seemed to me at the time a cheap way to have to keep looking for armor because you were always constantly being bombarded and hit by something the moment it popped on the screen. Anyway, hopefully this helped.