Old Win95 / Win98 game, helicopters & defend your base

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
chris4335

Old Win95 / Win98 game, helicopters & defend your base

Post by chris4335 »

Hi,
I am searching for an old game I played a long time ago on a Win95 or Win98 PC. It was about a base where you had up to 4 spaceships or helicopters in hangars, one of them was called a "bomber". When you chose to fly this vehicle, you saw it going up an elevator to the surface.
The battlefield was very similar to the game "Battlezone" (just found it while searching for the game I'm searching). Actually, the fighting was similar too.

The game was 3D. I just tried Battlezone and I think it's not that game although I'm not sure. What was different was that you could enter the base (not on foot, you only saw a menu) and you could then choose from up to 4 different helicopters in 4 hangars, sometimes not all of those were accessible (if you already got killed, for example).

What was essential was the "Base is under attack" blinking red line of text when you were in the base menu and your base got attacked. Furthermore, as already said, when you left your base with one of those spaceships or helicopters, you saw it entering the elevator (in a short movie clip).

Thanks in advance!

PS: This is not connected to my second thread, I'm searching for 2 different games :D