WIN birds eye view sailing game with puzzles

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Trains

Post by Trains »

Hello!
This is my last attempt to find an old 2D game I used to play in 2008-2010 on Windows XP.
All I can remember:
The player controls a sailing boat with white sails on a bright blue ocean.
There are NPC pirates scattered around the map. They attack the player when they are in range.
The battle takes place on an other screen in first person view. The battle is fairly simple, the pirate moves from one side to another, and the player fires a canon on it.
The objective of the game is to sail from one destination to another, where the player have to solve some puzzles (on a new screen). The first minigame is a "pathfinding" game, where the player have to clean a path in front of the sailing boat. Logs are blocking the way, and they only can be moved in 2 directions (left-right or up-down).

Sorry for my bad English. :) I hope this is enough information. Thank you!
Trains

Post by Trains »

I have some new information as I talked with my sister who played this game too.

To reach the first destination, you have to go north to a city. Every city had a green circle around it, and if you were inside, you were safe from the pirates. The pirate ships had either black or red sails.
When you travelled on the map, it was top-down view.
We remembered two other mini-games too: A Simon says type of game where crystals lit up and you had to click on them in the correct order and a little kid's game with the three wooden sticks and rings you had to move around on a single stick in size order.

A part of the map was hidden, or maybe one of the minigames, and you can't go further without finishing the previous mini-games.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Nothing comes to mind, but there is a sea-pirates game list: https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/theme-sea-pirates