Help me find this childhood memory!! Its driving me crazy!

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
fatcatbrandy

Post by fatcatbrandy »

Looking everywhere for this old childrens P.C game that was very strange and surreal. It was set in the night time in an empty mansion that was also a film set for animations. The animator had disappeared or something and you had to finish the film to find him (could be completely wrong here). The animation style was very disney looking but not sure if it was actually Disney. Please HELP driving me crazy!!
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

fatcatbrandy

Post by fatcatbrandy »

Wow this one looks interesting!!! but its still not the right one though :(
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Can you give 'old' a time frame? Did you use DOS, Windows 1x/2x/3x/9x or later on the PC?

Type of game would be a 2D graphics adventure I assume, since you mentioned Disney animation style?
sirkastic

Post by sirkastic »

Bendy and The Ink Machine? but that game isnt that old
TomRa7

Post by TomRa7 »

I've been trying to find the exact same game (yes, I can tell just by those few details) for ages now. It's driving me crazy too!
Did you eventually find an answer ?
I dont't know if this is really helpful, but here are some other details I remember, in case someone out there is able to help.

The animator had indeed disappear, and the player was tasked by an animated character to finish (maybe piece together) the movie in time.
At one point there was a puzzle involving the memorization and recognition of sound patterns at a sound studio.
The style was definitively cartoonish, but I wouldn't say disney like, and it wasn't associated with any of its properties.
I'd say it was a point and click adventure or puzzle game, with some hidden objetcs... maybe.
I think I played it in french, back in the day.

I know it's not much (to say the least), and I don't really rememeber any specifics about the interfaces, mechanics or operating system (though I'm fairly certain I'd be pre windows XP), but maybe it's enough for someone else to recognize it.