DOS or 95 platform game similar to Apple Panic or Diamond dash with diamonds in mostly red and black [Diamond Dash]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
schuhmann123

DOS or 95 platform game similar to Apple Panic or Diamond dash with diamonds in mostly red and black [Diamond Dash]

Post by schuhmann123 »

Dear all, I am looking for a DOS or 95 platform game similar to Apple Panic or Diamond dash with diamonds/crystals that had to be collected with the game colors in mostly red and black.

Platform:
- was running on Win 95 or NT 3.5

Game:
100% certain
- Platform game
- Jewels/crystals had to be collected
- game had a black background and mostly red foreground (platforms) very close to Diamond Dash (1993)
- there were ladders to move between platforms
- 2D graphics
- played the latest the last time before 2000

not too certain
- there might have been apples or something for life
- there where several types of enemies, might have been spiders
- there might have been bombs or switches to remove blocks
- might have played the game starting in 1998
- there might have been an extremely rudimentary cut-scene at the end (something like breaking through a block or catching a crystal... don't really know any more, might be a 'fake memory from 'Explomaen' which features this kind of scene).

Any help would be really appreaciated.
Last edited by schuhmann123 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
schuhmann123

DOS or 95 platform game similar to Apple Panic or Diamond dash with diamonds/crystals in mostly red and black

Post by schuhmann123 »

Thanks for the fast reply.

Just went through every game on the list. Looks really familiar to Lode Runner, yet was a different game.
By looking through Lode Runner I realized that there also was a level where the game name was printed (by the structures you climb on).
schuhmann123

DOS or 95 platform game similar to Apple Panic or Diamond dash with diamonds/crystals in mostly red and black

Post by schuhmann123 »

After playing diamond dash (as provided by your site) I am 95% positive that that is the game that I was looking for. Thank y'all for making it available.