Band Name & Band Problems

A forum for discussing television, movies, pop culture, celebrities, rock bands, and anything else along those lines.

Choose a name and read my post for my problems

Lithium
No votes
Shout
No votes
Palos Verdes Blue Or maybe just Palos Verdes
No votes
Monos Philos (One Loving in some language)
No votes
Veronica
No votes

Total votes: 0

Shout

Band Name & Band Problems

Post by Shout »

So me and my friends want to make a band but need a name. We've been wanting to but we still need a bassist but that's not the point. We might not choose the one out of this poll but just want to see your opinions.

I might tell my friends that I'm not going to start the band for awhile because there are some problems. Drummer doesn't have a drum set yet (But he's a good drummer when I give him things to bang on when we play together) but his parents want to get him an electric guitar. He said he even might want to get it so we can "Rock Out". I love the term but I'm not sharing fun with another guitarist that is supposed to be a drummer. He said he wants to be the drummer too but it's just his parents think its an inappropriate instrument and that the guitar is more mature. Another problem is that my other friend, who is supposed to be the second guitarist is still kind of noobie at playing it. He said he was going to start practicing 5 hours a day after he saw me play a war wreck load of songs. He knew I was serious about the band but didn't think that serious. So I kinda got ticked at that. And last is that my one friend said he wants to be the bassist of the band. He said he might get a bass for his birthday which is coming up quick. But initially he wanted to be the guitarist and I don't want this to be the whole problem with Hendrix and Redding how Noel wasn't comfortable playing the bass. And he's just getting a bass so he can be in the band. I can't take the risk of him doing too many mistakes. And I want this band started but I cant just let him in as soon as he gets a bass. You need lessons and your fingers have to get used to the strings. Especially touching a guitar string for the first time on a bass. So it pisses me off. So I asked a good friend of mine for help, who is also making a band called "A Dying Request". He said I he knew what I was going through which I thought was pretty cool. We both came to a conclusion that I should maybe try looking for other bands to play with before making my own. So I guess I'll do it. I might even ask to join his.

The other thing is is that I think I can really make a revolution or atleast something big. I know I can do it. 'Cause if you think about it, all the bands out today are stupid. Franz is like the only great one. Everything else is either good or bad. And I'm not gonna be like everyone else. Emo sucks and I'm not joining part of that bullshit. At first I wanted to bring grunge back in style but having only one gives you limits. So I'm thinking hey, why not 90's style rock. Like a combonation of RHCP, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, & Smashing Pumpkins. Even more that I haven't mentioned. Because none of the bands out today are ever gonna make it to a top 500 countdown to say the least. Other then DCFC, Franz, and other indie dudes. Get me? So yeah, 90's man, 90's. Best era ever.

So in the mean time help me choose a namefor my future band, plzkthx.