Would it be possible to upload manuals or extras of games?

Questions, comments, and suggestions regarding the dosgamesarchive.com website can go here. Please do not post "broken links" reports here, please email them to [email protected].
Mr.Smiley4

Would it be possible to upload manuals or extras of games?

Post by Mr.Smiley4 »

I was thinking: would it be possible to upload manuals for DOS games? Because some people might have lost/destroyed/thrown away their manuals for their games. It would also be useful for reference. I was also thinking if we could upload trailers for games, posters, gameplay videos (optional), or games extras. Can these be done? Or would it violate copyright law?
PC Gamer ever since I was 3. :)
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

I realize this comment is regarding dosgamesarchive.com, but it applies equally to DOSGames.com as well, so I figure I'll throw in my comments here too. :)

It would be possible to do so, however all of the games listed on DOSGames.com are freeware/shareware/demo/etc ... so most of these would have no trailers, posters, box images, etc since the only manual for the game would have been included in the ZIP, and most would have had no boxes, and so on.

In terms of videos though ... there are changes slowly afoot at DOSGames.com ... :D
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Mr.Smiley4

Post by Mr.Smiley4 »

No, I was talking about the Freeware versions of games. Since most of them are just commercial products made free, why not submit stuff from the commercial version? I have Duke Nukem Kill-a-Ton collection which has tons of extras. It has : Duke Nukem 1, 2, 3D, 3D Atomic Edition, Plutonium Pak, Duke it Out in DC, Duke Extreme, Duke!Zone 2, and an interactive video game guide done by GameWizards. All of that on 3 CDs, and it's awesome.
PC Gamer ever since I was 3. :)