Stonekeep

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
DOS Wolf
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by DOS Wolf »

Sorry this thread kind of got derailed by me... :cry:

But on the OBOX (Original XBOX from now on... B) ) it had a great map editor/maker. It was sad it did not get much play that I am aware of. And it may have even been a bit too good, too many options, to many things to do, etc. You could virtually make anything you wanted that was with in the game, including large mountains and such. But I think adding too much made it lag. And I think every good game should have such an editor, especially on consoles. One reason why PC games are so good. Even if a game gets out dated, people can usually mod with or with out the original game makers permsission and keep the game alive as it were. Consoles you can not really mod if at all and most do not have editors of any kind, much like to the extent of Far Cry. But the OBOX version was a little lacking in game play. I hated the traps like the tree limb smack in the face thing. I mean the bad guys would keep falling for it. :rolleyes:

However, another great game on the OBOX was Shenmue 2, for the same reason as Shenmue 1 (Shenmue 2 came out on the Dreamcast only in Japan and Europe as I recall, it did not come out in America until it had been ported to OBOX.) and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. That was also a very beautiful and great game, if not a bit odd. :jester:

And sadly I can not play any of the newer stuff, I am still stuck in the past as it were. ^_^