Bash vulnerability & a link to the past

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bash vulnerability & a link to the past

Post by emmzee »

So, first of all, if anyone notices anything weird on the blog / site, please let me know. I've done as much as I can do re the Bash vulnerability, and basically just need to wait for the patches to come out.

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, check out this article:

http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/internet ... -computers

An interesting tidbit from that article ...

The last sentence of the article is:
"Remember, even if you have never heard of Bash before, or don't run it, you may very well have software running on your computer which spawns Bash processes," said independent security consultant Graham Cluley.
When I read that, I thought ... where have I heard the name Graham Cluley before? And eventually I realized that Cluley is the author of a game on DOSGames.com, Wilf II, available on this site here:
http://www.dosgames.com/g_act4.php

I'd visited his site in the past and remembered his name and that he's now a security consultant. On this section of his site, Graham explores his history of game writing before he became a security guru:
http://grahamcluley.com/misc/
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: Bash vulnerability & a link to the past

Post by MrFlibble »

On a very, very vaguely related note, I've been noticing broken links at various dosgames.com pages recently, and even reported some of them. It is my understanding that you haven't had the time to fix that issue.

Anyway, I stumbled upon more of those not long ago (e.g. UnReal World points to a page that redirects to the current UnReal World website - but the site does not offer any DOS version on the downloads page). Maybe I should start a separate thread for those issues? (or post more findings here?)
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Relating to that, I at times get upset with myself for the mess of files that I hosts whether on mediafire or Hotmail and decide to just delete everything except the most recent. This might not be a good thing since the older versions might be more stable. Sometimes us developers think we have a better thing coming out with an update however that might not be the case.

A good example of that is ArkanDOS on WWW.PLAYDOSGAMES.COM - I personally think it is a better version as in being more stable.

However on WWW.DOSGAMES.COM - the latest version I have hosted is the latest working beta with a couple maybe interesting features. However, I have tested the beta out and it has proven to be a bit unstable.

So that is why the original over at WWW.PLAYDOSGAMES.COM is better in my personal opinion.
God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.