Is there a ZIP/7z/tar.gz/whatever file of all the games?

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
Uzi

Is there a ZIP/7z/tar.gz/whatever file of all the games?

Post by Uzi »

Does an archived file of all the games on dosgames.com exist?

-Re-worded this post for clarity. Hope you don't mind. -wardrich
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

What do you mean by GAMES.COM? This website? It doesn't seem to have any DOS games but its earliest snapshot at the Wayback Machine redirects to Hasbro Interactive.
dr_st
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by dr_st »

He is clearly talking about dosgames.com... :)
Uzi

Post by Uzi »

dr_st wrote:He is clearly talking about dosgames.com... :)
I am talking about dosgames.com.
Uzi

Post by Uzi »

Anyone? :(
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Not sure what to say - if the site doesn't provide one (and I've never seen one), probably not. After all, not that hard to download 600ish games, and maybe someone doesn't like one of the sections (action! puzzle! rpg!) or has half the games already, so less bandwidth costs incurred via avoided downloads.

It's not like there aren't lots larger abandonware dos torrents out there for bulk downloaders; the only special thing about this and similar sites is they try to be legit games only.

Is there a particular reason you need one rather than browsing & downloading individually? If you've got a limitation of some sort, maybe we could work around it. But if it's just one-click-download and move on to another site, why would we bother? All in good humor, of course.
:jester:
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Awhile ago I toyed with the idea of selling a CD-ROM with all the games on it, but decided it would be too much work for me and not enough people would want it to make it worthwhile. The only way to get the games is to just click the links. I mean most people won't want to play like 87.5% of the games on the site anyways :laugh:
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

I remember that discussion haha. Didn't end up getting far!
Uzi

Post by Uzi »

Quadko wrote:Not sure what to say - if the site doesn't provide one (and I've never seen one), probably not. After all, not that hard to download 600ish games, and maybe someone doesn't like one of the sections (action! puzzle! rpg!) or has half the games already, so less bandwidth costs incurred via avoided downloads.

It's not like there aren't lots larger abandonware dos torrents out there for bulk downloaders; the only special thing about this and similar sites is they try to be legit games only.

Is there a particular reason you need one rather than browsing & downloading individually? If you've got a limitation of some sort, maybe we could work around it. But if it's just one-click-download and move on to another site, why would we bother? All in good humor, of course.
:jester:
600 games. Each are 4 clicks to download. 600 * 4 = 2,400 clicks.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Builds strong fingers, much good stamina.

j/k :D
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

If downloading games individually is too much for you, certain DOSBox frontends have bundles of games that are already configured for play. It won't be exactly the same assortment as dosgames.com but many of the games here are included.

DOSBox Game Launcher is probably the thing for you. Here's their selection of game packs.