Ancient DOS Games

General discussion for all topics related to DOS, Windows, Linux, consoles, etc. Anything to do with games.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Ancient DOS Games

Post by Dogbreath »

I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with Gemini, an old MZXer and the creator of "Pixelships", which can be downloaded on this site. Since I first played Pixelships (and collected every single ship... I was a really bored 12 year old) I've made it a point to check his website every year or so, to see what new projects he's been up to.

Recently he's created Ancient DOS Games, a ongoing series that reviews some of the best DOS games ever made. They're long and rather dry, but his voice is very easy to listen to, and the reviews contain a tremendous amount of knowledge. He goes in depth about the creation of the games, their content, and even the best way to get them running smoothly in DOSBox. I had a nerdgasm listening to his review of one of my personal favorites, Tyrian.

If you enjoy DOS games at all (and if you don't, why the hell are you here?), you'll find hours of enjoyment at ADG.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Bookmarked ADG, interesting stuff.

THX Doggy.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Awesome, this is a great thing! Thanks for the info! :D

[Edit] BTW, this reminded me of the very nice old game reviews I've seen on YouTube, the Era Game Reviews. That guy really did justice to Rise of the Triad, and generally the reviews are well thought out and interesting to watch.
nickherc

Post by nickherc »

Awesome reviews! I already forgot how cool "Stunts" were. Thank you for this, it's bookmarked :).