Biomenace

Post by 486 player »

DEVELOPER: Apogee
MINIMUM: 286 575 kB Conventional
SOUND: AdLib, Sound Blaster, Beep
CONTROL: KB, Joystick
SPACE: 3 MB
OTHER: Win XP patch included into zip.

A mad scientist tranforms insects to mutants and CIA sents their best agent Snake Logan (doesn't that name sound somehow familiar?) to stop him, but he gets shooten down. And that's just a beginning to the best game story I've ever read.

It's not a wonder that Biomenace looks like Keen 4: the maker had a John Carmack's engine in his use. When main menu, captives and a lot o' other things were ripped, at least basic values are right. When in Keen, the gun was only a way to beat enemies, now it has taken the main role from collectin' points, but sure thou can open doors to pick up stuff. What's wrong in the normal touch 'n' get anyway?

With his gun, Snake also has 2 types o' grenades and mines. Grenades are very useful against jumpin' bombs and living slime, but cause throwin' 'em happens from Enter, it takes time to get to use it. Mines are useless, expect in 3 levels and 2 o' 'em are in the 1st episode. Very sensitive, ain't it?

The 2nd biggest loss o' mark 's caused by difficulty. Many restart beacons in a level are necessary: Bio isn't one o' most easiest games. Especially it eats nerves in 2 levels, which are so hard that even a monk could blow his top. When thou try 1000 times over and over again, thou'll beat 'em. Fortainetly all levels are in right size, only secret ones should be longer.

The engine brung also Keen's worst characteristic. Sound effects must be set to Beeper to get 'em audible enough. Fortuinately they're suitable work, but still aren't as good as Keen's. 70

1 song is good, 2nd makes atmosphere, 3rd's played many times and 4th's very bad. Generally quality ain't very high and all songs should be used regularly through the game. 72

Expect bricks, graphics are ones o' most best ever. Bio proves xcellently, why EGA's the best display adapter: backgrounds, enemies (especially evillook snakes) and colors. Unfortainetly game's gory, but not as much as Monster Bash. 92

Bio is a mustone to all platform players who has patience and will to play games through, not only to 'jump & shoot'ers. Surely thou want a better game, but it costs 10 bucks. Get 'em both!

NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
LordofGlobox

Post by LordofGlobox »

Becides your horrible use of Hagrid-speak, your facts are wrong.

Biomenace was released as freeware last Christmas, and it was not available to the market prior to that.

I dispute that the songs are bad, also. They were made by Bobby Prince, the same guy who made the Commander Keen series music.
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by 486 player »

Nope, thou'rt wrong. The game was for sale until it was discontinued in middle '90s.

And what comes to music, it's thy opinnion. What's thy grade?
NO Windows, NO DOSBox, DOS!
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Word of advice... Dude ignore him, he has ABSOLUTELY no idea what's he talking about :rolleyes:
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
LordofGlobox

Post by LordofGlobox »

486 player wrote:Nope, thou'rt wrong. The game was for sale until it was discontinued in middle '90s.

And what comes to music, it's thy opinnion. What's thy grade?

Actually, it was available to the market prior to 2000, if my memory serves --which is what I meant. And you stated that you still needed 10 bucks to play it, which is pattently false.

Thy grade? Are you talking about school grade? 0o;

Larry Laffer --Are you talking about me or him?
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

:laugh: I was talking to both of you... Ignore thyselfes :laugh:
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)