Master Of Orion

Add your own reviews of games here.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Master Of Orion

Post by Gamer_V »

This is a review of Master Of Orion, An old micropose game.

The target of the game is to rule the galaxy. this can be achieved by destrying your enemy, get elected as president or finding and conquering Orion. Hence the title. You begin by selecting your species... in my case, human, but I'm not sure for all of you. :rolleyes:

In the main screen you see a map of the galaxy. You see a small dot and, voila, it's your planet. You can chose in what way to use your resources, like building a fleet. You can design the ships yourself. Either that or diplomacy are really the core of the game. Or use your resources to expand the planet, which eventually gives more resources, or research better weapons... Important is to stay powerfull and populair...

Graphics are quite good. The main starmap is a bit full, but still looks pretty good, and the small cutscenes, like landing on an undiscovered planet, are quite nice. I remember sound being nice, nothing extraordinary, but I didn't hear it this time.

Overall, it's a really nice game, which has a very high replay value, since your galaxy is different everytime.

Gameplay = 80
Graphics = 70
Replay = 75
Overall = 78,3
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .