Epic Pinball

Add your own reviews of games here.
John The Ax

Epic Pinball

Post by John The Ax »

You have to admit. Pinball, in its simplistic way, is fun. Maybe more fun than many video games. Of course, pinball machines are impractical to keep in your home, and one table would get boring after a while. So, naturally, video game companies started to try to recreate the feel. Some were successful, some were not. For an early game, Epic Pinball is very advanced, and layed the foundation for computer pinball games to come. I give this game a 9/10.

Graphics: For as early as it is, these graphics look like a REAL pinball table. No fancy effects, no flashing lights, no explosions, just REAL pinball. This game feels like you're in the arcade, and that's a good thing. Also, some neat scoreboard light effects happen, but they really look like REAL scoreboard lights. These gives the game's graphics a 10/10.

Sound:
Music: From the title music to the in-level music, this game excels in the music catagory. It really fits the tables (or table, in the shareware).
Sound: The sound effects are a real killer. They sound real, just like a pinball table. 'nuff said here. They work, they fit, and they are just good.
Combined, sound gets a 10/10.

Physics: Physics? Since when did physics get reviewed? Since I'm reviewing a pinball simulator, that's when. And, sad to say, the gravity feels a bit tight. The ball JUST makes it to the ramps, and the flippers are a bit slow. You can bump the table, and that works just fine. That seems like it works, but I don't cheat much. You can change the angle, but the ball just doesn't seem to work right. You'll get the hang of it, though. Physics gets a 5/10.

Options: Epic Pinball has a lot of options. You can change the angle, among other things. I couldn't seem to remap the keys, though, which was sort of annoying. Options gets an 8/10.

Gameplay: This means, in this case, how realistic is it to a real arcade experience. The answer, my friends, is VERY. Epic Pinball is about as close as you'll come to a real experience on the computer. Gameplay is advanced, with many things you have to complete, but it's not overwhelming. It seems like a real machine. That's good, giving gameplay a 10/10.

Overall: This game is a more-or-less must download for your collection. It seems realistic enough. I give EPIC PINBALL a 9/10.

Compatibility: I ran it on XP with VDM sound, and had no speed problem whatsoever. This will work on any Windows OS, if it worked on XP.
John the Ax
Warning: You are being watched.

GameFAQs Contributor Page