Introducing JPC at dosgames.cc

Please read topics in this forum regularly. They contain information from the admin and mods on current developments on this message board.
Joris
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Introducing JPC at dosgames.cc

Post by Joris »

Joris wrote:We are currently working on a way to play dosgames in your browser ;)
Wow, I wrote that on this forum about 2 years ago :| Time flies..

Anyway, we have released the website where it is possible to play original dosgames in your browser. Most playable games work pretty good, so take a look:

http://www.dosgames.cc

- Joris
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Great news! Will you make it possible to submit original dos games to your site? Btw playing all the games in your site will take quite some time... and lots of coffee :(
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Pretty neat. I played Commander Keen for a little while. Didn't load the first few times I tried, but it did after some effort.

You've got the potential to attract a fairly large crowd here - this is the beginning of opening up dos games to people who otherwise wouldn't necessarily play them - because they lack the willpower/technical knowledge to use DOSbox.

p.s., You wanna add a link to the forum on your website? (maybe on the bar with home | categories | licenses | disclaimer | contact) It'd help you organise feedback on your site, as well as bring us a few more members. I could set up a feedback forum for you if you want.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

About time Jorris =)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

A lovely initiative, nice.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Joris
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Joris »

Dogbreath wrote:p.s., You wanna add a link to the forum on your website? (maybe on the bar with home | categories | licenses | disclaimer | contact) It'd help you organise feedback on your site, as well as bring us a few more members. I could set up a feedback forum for you if you want.
The link is already on every gamespage, but I will ask Erik to put it on top of the page. A feedback forum could be nice, since I expect a lot of questions from people who don't have Java installed properly.
Santhosh CHRiS wrote:Great news! Will you make it possible to submit original dos games to your site?
I have to take a look at it. As far as I know it is illegal to offer full games for downloading, but we could offer a demo version to download and the full version to play. This wouldn't be illegal in my eyes, what do you think?
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

The dosgames.cc forum will be up in a few minutes - you can link directly to it if you want. (so people don't have to scroll through our 20+ forums :blah: )

Edit: It's up! I've made you moderator, so you can make an introductory announcement if you want. I've currently set posting privileges to allow guest posting for ease of use - if you'd rather make it member only, I can change it.