New project: the DOS Games Disc

Please read topics in this forum regularly. They contain information from the admin and mods on current developments on this message board.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

And don't forget to mention the kids now are used to see blood and gore the whole time on telly. Take for example a random news coverage of Iraq, can't be bloody enough it seems, the gory details must be showed.

When I was young the most violent that you could see on telly was zorro, and I'm talking about the black&white ones here, with Guy Williams, or Rin-tin-tin.
Djees, I liked that dog, no wonder all my dogs were German shepherds. The current one also.

Compare that to the modern telly, with all that violence, even the cartoons are violent and bloody.
The world is doomed I say, D*O*O*M*E*D*.
You all gonna burn.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Gamer_V
Gaming God
Gaming God

Post by Gamer_V »

Yeah, the best you can do as an old, old man is die.

Pessimists. :P

Edit: I expect a topic-split comment very soon.
<TABLE width="100%" cellpadding="1" border="0"><TR><TD width="50%">
robhofen wrote:no warcraft is a rip off of age of empires and so are a lot of other games
</TD><TD width="50%">
Larry Laffer wrote:Your people are n00bs :laugh:
</TD></TABLE><CENTER>Image</CENTER> .
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Dogbreath wrote:The Game Starter has inspired me, actually. I think I might make some simple .txt files that contains the name, filename, recomended cycles and any special commands for each game on dosgames.com, then make a graphical DOSbox frontend that searches for any ".dbx" (or whatever) files in a game's directory, and then automatically applies that and launches the game. The frontend would be pretty easy to do, the tedious part would be collecting all that information for each game on dosgames.com.

It'd pretty much make the site n00b-proof though.
I know an AW site (Dutch one) that has an own installer, and about all you said ....... the n00bs still screw up.
Another AW site preinstalls the dosgames for dosbox, you in fact only have to unzip them and run them in dosbox ....... the n00bs still screw up.

Please, do not underestimate the n00bs.
( I would dare to refer to a not so old thread in getgamestowork where a n00b even unrarred an ISO to imgmount it in dosbox. He named the directory c:\games\whatever.iso\ and imgmounted that one.)

*Edit
Gamer_V wrote:Edit: I expect a topic-split comment very soon.
I wouldn't dare.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.