Some of our university short films and ads

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Some of our university short films and ads

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Some of mine and my friends college movies you maaaaay have missed (and after watchin them you'll wish they had STAYED missed lol)

We had to submit 1 ad and 1 film or documentary for the last 2 semesters of our college university practicals for Visual Communication. They were always made towards the end of the deadlines and needless to say were a bit rushed. We did everything as a team like if I directed one ad I used my friends as actors, and if another guy did a movie I'd act and so on.

They're not very good or anything but still fun to watch to see how bad they were at times lol. It's sad we can't get together these days because we're all busy at work and stuff. Someday I hope we can get back and make more :(

Some of them are in my native language Tamil but ofcourse subtitles are there.

These were my ads

"The Laughing Games Animation Institute Ad"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbB5gdQnlz4

"Cell Phone Ad"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_rx4oxNi68

The original English Version (with foul language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_rx4oxNi68

My short film

"Everyone's Invited but me..."

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4661787756

My friend Ashok and Sathish's Short Film sponsored by LG :-D

"i am scared..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Jy6Zu_syQ

(this one actually got a decent response at Youtube)

I'll post a few more vids here when my friend Yaamini uploads some of her films and ads on Youtube as well.

Again I warn you...these were made by a bunch of bored uninspired lazy college students just trying to get a passing grade lol

Enjoy.... if you SURVIVE that is mwa ha ha ha ha :devil:

Oh btw I got the best score in BOTH the semester practicals! WOOT! :D
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Re: Some of our university short films and ads

Post by dosraider »

Steve Chris wrote:Oh btw I got the best score in BOTH the semester practicals! WOOT! :D
Congrats.

*Insert some ol'joke how mediocre the others must be*
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Re: Some of our university short films and ads

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

dosraider wrote:
Steve Chris wrote:Oh btw I got the best score in BOTH the semester practicals! WOOT! :D
Congrats.

*Insert some ol'joke how mediocre the others must be*
Uh thanks.... I think?

Anywayz I've noticed every time I post a new thread you are the very first person to reply and you do it in a matter of seconds. I wonder if you're getting SMS alerts on your mobile whenever I post something here lol :D
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Now, in fact it's YOU that post seconds before I post. ....

On a side note, now for something completely different:
Mario Live
When you gonna do something as that?
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

dosraider wrote:Now, in fact it's YOU that post seconds before I post. ....

On a side note, now for something completely different:
Mario Live
When you gonna do something as that?

That was awesome! :laugh:

As to why I'm not doing that kind of stuff is because I could never persuade my friends and ask them to make a video game parody with me cause they'd either laugh about it or roll their eyes and and say "Santhosh... you've really got to grow up.Think of all that's happening in the world blah blah blah..."

Hopefully when I move to Canada with my brother next year I'll be able to do something :D
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Um.... hate to double post but any comments on the videos? I know they're bad but still could be fun to know what ya think :laugh:

Even you dosraider :suspicious:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Videos Too Long. Period.
:blah:
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

dosraider wrote:Videos Too Long. Period.
:blah:
Hmmm... I think you're right. But you still haven't seen my OTHER short film which is about half hour long. It's called "Kaadhal Poonagai" meaning "Waiting for Love" The entire movie is about a guy getting ready to meet his girl friend. Everything from taking a shower, to getting dressed, dancing in front of the mirror, etc. and then finally just as he's about to leave his friend calls him up and says his girlfriend died in a car accident and the guy feels so upset he dies too.

The whole moral of the story is "Don't keep your girl friend waiting cause your love may die anytime."

The movie became quite infamous and voted one of THE worst short film ever produced :laugh:
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Steve Chris wrote:The movie became quite infamous and voted one of THE worst short film ever produced :laugh:
Why I'm not amazed?
Ahwell, being specialized in bad short movies is also kinda an accomplishment, maybe.
But it's doubtful it is an excellent ref on your CV ..... :laugh:
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

dosraider wrote:
Steve Chris wrote:The movie became quite infamous and voted one of THE worst short film ever produced :laugh:
Why I'm not amazed?
Ahwell, being specialized in bad short movies is also kinda an accomplishment, maybe.
But it's doubtful it is an excellent ref on your CV ..... :laugh:
My CV meh... it's bad enough as it is let alone put THESE movies on them lol.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Life is a cliche'

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Hey my friend Bharatwaj an old college junior, now studying in Mumbai, did a small short film. Bharath promotes a lot of my animation works like "Crickey", "Theories and Practice" "Back to the Start Mario, etc. in public meetings and seminars in colleges, libraries, etc. so I thought I'd promote one of his latest works here he did for a competition.

'Life is a Cliche'

http://www.malharfest.org/php_melody/mu ... =82c28a8a2

Be sure to view it and rate it! :D
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

That was pretty good! Maybe we should have Bharatwaj here making videos for us.

(can he sing?)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Dogbreath wrote:(can he sing?)
:suspicious:
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Dogbreath wrote:That was pretty good! Maybe we should have Bharatwaj here making videos for us.

(can he sing?)
Make videos for you? A..are you trying to fire me (sniff) :(
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:
Dogbreath wrote:That was pretty good! Maybe we should have Bharatwaj here making videos for us.

(can he sing?)
We were paying you? Oh no! :cry:

Your friend's a good editor. I thought it was a bit weird to have that SOAD song, Chop Suey!, during the fighting over remote scene. Maybe because it's so incredibly dramatic. (then again, I got Toxicity for my 14th birthday - I'm sure people who have never heard it might think it sounds great)
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

Post by Santhosh CHRiS »

Dogbreath wrote:
Santhosh CHRiS wrote:

(can he sing?)
We were paying you? Oh no! :cry:

Your friend's a good editor. I thought it was a bit weird to have that SOAD song, Chop Suey!, during the fighting over remote scene. Maybe because it's so incredibly dramatic. (then again, I got Toxicity for my 14th birthday - I'm sure people who have never heard it might think it sounds great)
Wha.. you weren't paying me?? Then how did I keep paying you the rent for this place... oh wait... nevermind :laugh:

Ya Bharatwaj is a fantastic editor and a good film maker too. I acted in one of his movies about child molestation and he got a special award at college level film festival. He has edited some of my short films too and made me do a few small animations for his environmental awareness. I also animated for his SIFE team presentation that helped them to get to Singapore and put India in 3rd place in the world :D

And about the music you wouldn't believe this but the competition demands that you cannot add sounds while editing and it must be done live. So Bharath had to literally play songs live on his cell phone WHILE filming to capture any music at all. Maybe it was just spur in the moment that song felt best.

Here is his youtube channel btw if you are interested in more of his works...

http://www.youtube.com/user/bejay0388
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I acted in one of his movies about child molestation
Dare I ask what part you played?

Interesting stuff about the competition rules... it makes the video that much more awesome to know he did it live! Really good choreography.