DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Finding .img files for MS-Dos games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming
Knolof

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:43 am     Post subject: Finding .img files for MS-Dos games Reply with quote

So I've been goofing around with running MS-Dos 6.22 in Virtual Box and have been having a lot of trouble finding .img game files. Getting games to play in DosBox has been really easy but I want a more authentic experience. I'm currently downloading a large file of DOS games but I'm not sure what format they are going to be in. I've still got 20% left in the download and it's been going for 3 days now, lol. Does anyone know where I can find .img files? I've been looking for days have so far have come up empty. Thanks Happy
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:01 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played around with FreeDOS in VirtualBox a while ago. The image file is something you need to create yourself, then mount it in VB, because it does not have direct access to the contents of your actual HDD (unlike DOSBox or Wine).

I used a free CD burning utility to create the images, forgot what it's called.
Knolof

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:43 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll look into it Shit-Eating Grin
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:55 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll also plug floppy image makers, like winimage, for smaller games. Blissful
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:08 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

MrFlibble wrote:
I used a free CD burning utility to create the images, forgot what it's called.

I remembered that I used DeepBurner but any other tool will do.
dr_st
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:20 am     Post subject: Re: Finding .img files for MS-Dos games Reply with quote

Knolof wrote:
So I've been goofing around with running MS-Dos 6.22 in Virtual Box and have been having a lot of trouble finding .img game files. Getting games to play in DosBox has been really easy but I want a more authentic experience.
"Authentic" as in "VirtualBox"? No, you don't. Trust me, you don't. You will just end up wasting time, suffering, and getting zero extra benefit/enjoyment over what DOSBox can give you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1