Need loops

Discuss popular GCS tools like ZZT, Megazeux and Adventure Game Studio, as well as programming and other topics related to game design.
MaryBeth

Need loops

Post by MaryBeth »

Do any of you know any sites for downloading free sound loops? I need one for the background inside a cave.

Thanks
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Hmm... I don't usually use loops with ma' games(I just compose music and then insert the melody into the game) but a google search revealed this:
http://www.loopsound.com/
http://www.sounddogs.com/
http://www.stonewashed.net/sfx.html (this really looks good, I think I'll give it a shot some time)
<center>
abyss wrote:I don't even know if starcraft 1 was a windows or dos games.
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
MaryBeth

Post by MaryBeth »

You compose your own? Thats cool! I couldn't even find C if my life depended on it ;)

I thought I had a good one picked out, but the more I test play my game, the more I don't like the sound, and I know my way thru the cave, someone playing for the first time and getting lost in there, might go alittle nuts I'm afraid LOL

I'll check out those sites right now

Thanks very much for the help!
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

No biggie :thumbsup: !
And about composing... that ain't the hard part... finding out what numbers to use for each sound, that's the hard part hard ;)
<center>
</center>

ModBot™ - Faster than the speed of spam!(and always taking it to where it belongs!)
MaryBeth

Post by MaryBeth »

I was just wondering....what do you mean by inserting the melody into the game? So the sound file doesn't have to be included separately in the download? That would be cool, what lang is that?
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

er... no... actually i have the melody written on a piece of paper and I just insert the numbers corresponding for each musical sign into a variable... and then those numbers are converted sounds and are played alternatively in the game

and thats Borland Pascal.... but might I say it's VERY hard to make a game in BP :(
<center>
</center>

MaryBeth

Post by MaryBeth »

Oh, I think I get what you mean. I first learned to progrm on my dad's old 1980's era TI99/4A and that used like Call Sound (duration, frequency, volume). PASCAL is an old lang too, so that just must be how they did it back then.

Making a game in anything isn't easy ;) Well, not counting those retarded creator things, I truely hate those!

Have fun with your game and thanks for the help and info!

MB
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

Post by Larry Laffer »

Anytime!! Hope your game comes out nicely :thumbsup:
<center>
</center>