Adventure side-view game for unlocking doors

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
LordEshen

Adventure side-view game for unlocking doors

Post by LordEshen »

The game that I'm looking for, I remember playing on Windows, PC.
I'm sure I played it around 10 years of age which is 2013 but the game itself I think dates back to 2000s and possibly further back.

Genres: Adventure(I'm sure of it), Puzzle elements, Dungeon(kind of).

Graphics, perspective: Side-view, I guess you could call it 2D but it's not pixelated that's for sure.

The main character I think looked like a cowboy or something similar, kind of like a thief cowboy or criminal in general. You control him with the arrows on the keyboard ( not sure about W,A,S,D) You had the option to jump with the upper arrow.
There were monsters roaming around and all I remember about them is that there were spiders(snakes too I think), not sure about others. The atmosphere was kind of darkish, not many colours but the monotone ones - like brown.
And the objective as I remember it - you had to find and collect specifically coloured keys(bronze, silver, black etc.) to unlock specifically coloured doors. I am not sure why maybe progression but you had to unlock them. You could die pretty easily with a small number of lives - kind of like the Mario style one. I am not sure if you had a chance to fight off the enemies, and I think there were some kind of traps but I'm not sure.

At the time I was a little kid so I didn't really know the developer's name or the exact year of publishing the game, it's just a game my dad installed for me on my old PC, a good memory.

Thank you in advance.
Have a nice day! :)
dr_st
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by dr_st »

This actually sounds a like like Pharaoh's Tomb, which is a much older game (1990).
Last edited by dr_st on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordEshen

Post by LordEshen »

It is not the one, though I can see why you thought it was! Pharaon's Tomb is kind of looking like the older version of the one I'm looking for. But nevertheless, thank you very much for your answer and possibly search.

Have a nice day!