90s platform, single player game[Wonder Boy in Monster Word]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Aerofare

90s platform, single player game[Wonder Boy in Monster Word]

Post by Aerofare »

I don't remember a ton of details, unfortunately. I can't remember the game system, but i only had NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, and PS1. I played it in the mid to late 90s. I believe it was a platform game (think original Mario), but you could go back and forth and visit the same screens. Now, I only remember bits and pieces of the game itself. You're a single (male) character. You can see the character (again, think Mario). I can't remember what the mission was, honestly. I think you collected treasure, fought monsters. At one point, you're able to go underwater. I remember having a trident to stab at fish to protect yourself. I think a coin dropped when you killed a monster. At one point, you played a flute like instrument. You had to write down the songs (A,B,A,A,B), etc, to play for different effects. You could shrink in some areas to find secret passages. One screen was a forest. Large spiders would drop down from trees when you got close, so you'd have to time your walking (walk to the tree, step back as the spider fell, spider would crawl up their web, you'd move forward). I'm pretty sure the game ended in space. There was a monster/alien/cyborg type think you had to defeat. Wish I could remember more. Please help me. I loved that game and it's driving me nuts not being able to remember what it was.
Aerofare

Post by Aerofare »

Found it. Wonder Boy in Monster World. Best Sega game ever