DOS kids puzzle game - cat painting a house pre 1994

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
childofhale

Post by childofhale »

Hello!

I'm looking for a dos game i remember playing in preschool in Finland (1993-1994). The game was an educational puzzle game for kids, I remember it having a cat character, who had to paint different outside walls of a house white. I think you had the do a kind of a jigsaw puzzle to complete a wall. All help is much appreciated!

Updated description as of 2020/10/07:
I'm looking for a dos game I remember playing in preschool in Finland (1993-1994). The game was an educational puzzle game for kids, I remember it having a anthropomorphic cat character, who had to paint different outside walls of a white house. I think you had to do some kind of a jigsaw puzzle to complete a wall, but my memory is a little hazy on the mechanic. It may have possibly been a part of some bigger game, but this is the only part I remember. It's possible the game was from the 80s. I don't think the cat was based on a pre-excisting character.

It wasn't Bailey book house or Alley cat.

All help is much appreciated!
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

Baileys Fun house?
childofhale

Post by childofhale »

I found a game called "Baileys book house" with a cat character, but it wasn't the one I'm looking for. As I remember, In the game I played there was only one type of puzzle you could do, and it was painting the walls. Thanks for the help though!
Maska
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Maska »

Morjesta,

was the game localized or was it completely in English? Was the cat cartooney/anthropomorphic or realistic-looking? Can you describe the cat to your best ability? It could be a well-known character from a childrens' book or something.

Have you tried looking through cat characters from Finnish childrens' literature? I know we shouldn't have that many. At least Miina ja Manu and Viiru ja Pesonen have video game titles. Viiru ja Pesonen games seem to have many different puzzles though.
Found my game. Thanks.
childofhale

Post by childofhale »

Terve!

Thanks for the reply! I can't remember the language of the game, if it was in english it was straightfoward enough to understand. Other games that were on the kindergarten PC included some Keen games, atleast Dreams and episode 3. It's not impossible the cat game was a part of some bigger educational game, but I don't remember it that way.

Yes, the cat was anthropomorphic/cartoony, it stood on two legs. I think it was white, possibly had overalls on and hat of some kind. Like working attire for a housepainter. I think it had a paint brush in hand and a bucket of paint on the ground. The nature of the puzzle is not perfectly clear in my memory, it may have been a jigsaw puzzle of some sort. The game may have been older, like from the 80s, since it wasn't very complex and the graphics may not have been that great.

As far as I know the cat was not an established character, atleast it wasn't familiar to me from other sources. I'm aware of Miina and Manu and Viiru and Pesonen, but it wasn't either of those. Closer to Miina and Manu in appearence than Viiru, though.

Just about every other game I played as a kid I have been able to find, except this one! Thanks for your interest.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Bumping this for the original author. Also updated the description in the first post from the duplicate thread.

Thank you for your understanding.