DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Quick Question Regarding Original CDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work
LordCrumb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:25 am     Post subject: Quick Question Regarding Original CDs Reply with quote

Hi all,

Probably been asked a million times, but if I have the original game CD, do these downloads work with them?

Like I have Shadow Warrior and want to try out one of the old Expansion Packs (Twin Dragon) https://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/twin-dragon/

I'm not using Dosbox, just an old Windows98 machine. I just install my game like I used to, and will this download install normally like old expansion packs did? Or is this ONLY for Dosbox?

Cheers!
Hamish

just recently got back into my old games with an old computer and looking for some expansion packs and such for the games I do still have.
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:55 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Will. Game files themselves haven't changed.
LordCrumb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:57 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:13 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Shadow Warrior expansions, as well as other files on the site, are provided as released back in the day, and in case of the add-ons, exactly for users like you who have the original base game but not the expansions (they're bundled with all modern re-releases).

I haven't heard of any DOS game that has been specifically modified to work with DOSBox, usually it's the other way around, DOSBox gets updated for better compatibility/emulation support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1