2D Platformer - Aliens kidnap mc's girlfriend [Bud Redhead]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
LukaFireIce13

Post by LukaFireIce13 »

Hello,I recently remembered a game that my dad and I have played over 10 years ago now,back when I was about to start kindergarten,and it's been bugging both of us for the past two days,so if anyone could help me find it,that would mean so much to both me and my dad.
Anyway,so about the game,I went and checked around some of the sites that have data on all existing games and haven't really managed to find the game.
Here's the jist of it:

-THE MAIN THING THAT COULD HELP THE MOST:it starts of by showing a young(teen) boy and a girl in some park maybe,then some thugs-aliens show up and kidnap the girl,so the main thing of the game is that you take the role of a young boy who is on a quest to save his grilfriend

-I know there were multiple levels that had different scenery,I know there was a forest,a desert and the last level was on the alien spaceship,and once the final boss was defeated the boy runs to the girl who says �My Hero�and then the game ends with them being in a park again
-it is a 2D,maybe 2.5D Platformer that is Singleplayer only
-the other genre could be either Adventure,Action or Sci-Fi most likely
-at the time,we had our old computer which ran Windows XP so it is at least supported by that old system
-also,I know we had it on a CD but I'm not sure if the game was made strictly for the PC or if it was cracked so it could have been played on the PC
-judging that I played it before and around the time when I went to kindergarten,the game has to have been made before 2005,I believe it is most likely a late 90s game,since the early 90s platformers that I found were mostly arcade and 8bit
-the graphics aren't the best but they aren't bad at all so they most likely were 64 bit,but idk
-I remember the view being side screen,the character wasn't too close to the screen and you could see things in the level that were like under him if he was standing on a platform
-I'm certain that he had some things that he could collect,like coins/stars/gems,I don't really remember what it was but I know it was a thing
-the enemies were possibly some wild animals,maybe some bizzare creatures,same thing I don't know exactly but I know it was a thing,also on that note I do know that there were,or at least have to have been bosses and the boy could kill the creatures in some way but I don't remember if he could just jump on them or if he had some kind of power maybe?
-my dad said that it bugged him,but he said that the name of the game may have something to do with either Space or Star,but I have a feeling that the game may have been named after the boy and the girl that it is about

If all of this proved to be helpful to anyone who heard of this game,it would make both me and my dad really happy if you could help us remember this awesome game,so thank you for giving my post a read!
Last edited by LukaFireIce13 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

Some of this reminds me of Twinsen's Odyssey (Little Big Adventure 2); though it is in 3D and uses an isometric view, so it is probably not the right game.
LukaFireIce13

Post by LukaFireIce13 »

Rwolf wrote:Some of this reminds me of Twinsen's Odyssey (Little Big Adventure 2); though it is in 3D and uses an isometric view, so it is probably not the right game.
Not it,but thanks for the help,I'm really happy that somebody out there gave me a hand.
I think the thing that I got wrong is that it isn't a PC game,judging that I wasn't able to find anything in the PC section.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »

So, do you mean you ran it on a console emulator under XP? Or did you have a game console too?
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Babysitter rather than girlfriend? One of the Commander Keens?
LukaFireIce13

Post by LukaFireIce13 »

Rwolf wrote:So, do you mean you ran it on a console emulator under XP? Or did you have a game console too?
I played multiple Pokemon games on emulators,but this game I know for sure didn't require an emulator,it was just a �game.exe�file.The only game console that I had back then however,was a Playstation 2,but I remember all the games that I had on it,and this one wasn't it.
Last edited by LukaFireIce13 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
LukaFireIce13

Post by LukaFireIce13 »

Quadko wrote:Babysitter rather than girlfriend? One of the Commander Keens?
Nope,not Commander Keen,not a bad guess tho.But,I'm certain it was girlfriend,I can so vividly remember her at the end saying:My Hero! ,plus the characters are the same age.
alphawolf1997

i remember some detail too

Post by alphawolf1997 »

this game started with a story telling using photos , and after the girl gets abducted , we had to rescue her, there were various type of enemies, including crows .
there were monkeys who used to come out of trees and used t throw pebbles at us , and there were turtles in water , we could jump on them and pass the water.
and when the level used to finish there was a platform a ring type thing , where the level ended and new level started with a similar portal from which we used to come out.
moreover there was forest in first level ,and there were underground locations more like caves , it was a beautiful game by the way , not a shitty one.
I'm also looking for the same game please somebody help .
Ankit
alphawolf1997

Post by alphawolf1997 »

I know your game , its bud redhead
Ankit
Mohamedmayo

THANKS A LOTTTTTT

Post by Mohamedmayo »

Man thank you so much, you are such a life saver. This game has been eating my head for the past 2 years since I couldn't finish the game in my childhood and I couldn't find the name up till now but now I've found it and I am gonna finish it this time. Thanks a lot bro :)
alphawolf1997

Post by alphawolf1997 »

me too , I didn't finish in childhood, I was also looking for this game from past two years.
and my quest of searching on google again and again led me to your post , then eventualy one day I found out about the game , and I remembered about you , so came back online to help you as well .
happ playing.
Ankit
X_CaliberVR

Post by X_CaliberVR »

Just created an account to say this was the only place on the internet that had an answer for this.

I saw someone on Reddit describe this fame and I was trying to help find out what game it was for them.

Thanks, alphawolf1997!
alphawolf1997 wrote: me too , I didn't finish in childhood, I was also looking for this game from past two years.
and my quest of searching on google again and again led me to your post , then eventualy one day I found out about the game , and I remembered about you , so came back online to help you as well .
happ playing.
Rwolf
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

Post by Rwolf »