Canadian internet downloading cap

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
BioMenace69

Canadian internet downloading cap

Post by BioMenace69 »

dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Far from my bed ....
Canada, is that one of those newer third world countries? Somewhere in Africa?
Or a former USSR satellite state?
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

dosraider wrote:Far from my bed ....
Canada, is that one of those newer third world countries? Somewhere in Africa?
Or a former USSR satellite state?
:slap:

Cuz everyone knows where Belgium is ... :rolleyes:

Ahem. Re Canadian internet ... yeah Canadians get screwed on all "new media" stuff. Our cell phone plans here are total crap compared to what US residents get.

Also, why do Canadians have to pay $1.39 for fast food value menu items that are $0.99 in the states?! Our dollar is on par. On par!! :( On the other hand, maybe it's a preventative measure to try to stop us from filling up on cheap fatty foods ...

Er, what was I talking about? :shifty:
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

emmzee wrote: Cuz everyone knows where Belgium is ... :rolleyes:
The largest country in Australia, right? It's been a while since I looked at a map...
Also, why do Canadians have to pay $1.39 for fast food value menu items that are $0.99 in the states?! Our dollar is on par. On par!! :( On the other hand, maybe it's a preventative measure to try to stop us from filling up on cheap fatty foods ...
If that was the case, how do you explain the Kraft Foods/Tim Hortons stranglehold on the Canadian economy? When I left the northern US in 2009, they had recently built a Tim Hortons in Ft Wayne, and some Canadian friends of mine living in Indianapolis drove TWO HOURS to eat there, spent the night, and went again in the morning.

Thankfully no THs in Hawaii... yet... though they seem to follow me wherever I go. :shifty:
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

<a href="http://stopthemeter.ca/">Stop The Meter</a>

There was a pic that I'd seen as well, I wish I could find it again... it was basically breaking down the price of a 130gb solid state drive and shipping it VS downloading 130 gigs of crap.

Problem is, my ISP has been capped FOREVER at 60 gigs a month... this is nothing new, hell I think aussie ISPs cap at like 20 gigs or some unrealistic number like that.

It'd be nice to see uncapped internet again, though. Too bad these online petitions never seem to go anywhere :(
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

Dogbreath wrote:If that was the case, how do you explain the Kraft Foods/Tim Hortons stranglehold on the Canadian economy? When I left the northern US in 2009, they had recently built a Tim Hortons in Ft Wayne, and some Canadian friends of mine living in Indianapolis drove TWO HOURS to eat there, spent the night, and went again in the morning.
Tim Horton's is crazy popular ... it's the only business where you can open two at the same intersection and BOTH will be busy all the time. They do have more competition from Starbucks, Second Cup, etc but still.

Supposedly St Catharines, Ontario has the highest concentration of donut shops per square km in the world. At least, that's what my university roommate who grew up there claimed.
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

emmzee wrote: Cuz everyone knows where Belgium is ... :rolleyes:
Dogbreath wrote:The largest country in Australia, right? It's been a while since I looked at a map...
It's right besides Egypt ...
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200907270040

:laugh:
If your peeps from Fox News even don't know where Egypt is ........
:laugh:
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

Fox News is perhaps the most laughably stupid large news organization in the U.S. Not that it's competition is much better... the TV news system in the US is severely broken, to the point of being almost useless. That's why we have newspapers and the internet, thankfully.