DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Greater Glory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming
Jerieth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:08 am     Post subject: No Greater Glory Reply with quote

No greater glory is a strategy game made by SSI. Ok this game is the most challenging strategy game I have ever played. You need dosbox to run it, unless you still run windows 98 or 95, which I assume you guys don't. I have never found a tougher game to beat then this one. Even if you play on the most easiest difficulty it is still tough. Here is what just happened to me, even though this game is extremely hard, I kept saving and replaying it, until I finally start conqueroring much of the U.S. back from the confedrates. I reached a point in the game where I actually took the CSA capital, which pretty much guarentees you a victory, not to mention I had mostly all but 5 or so territories, that were still under CSA control. But After I take it, England and France both say they will no longer support CSA, they were giving them aid, the next message says, Abraham Lincoln as lost his bid for re-election, the new party has elected to allow the Confederates independence. What?! So It pops up a screen saying that CSA wins. So not only is this game invovle military strategy, it also involves political, and economic strategys. I am getting really tired of trying to beat it, pretty pissed off right now, but maybe you guys can give it a shot, and tell me what you think. Its pretty easy to find, I found one site that lets you download the game, just such for "download no greater glory dos game" or something along this lines in google.

Take care.
The_Sinister_Mastermind
Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:51 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an interesting game, for anyone who's interested it can be downloaded here. HOTU also provide a download of the manual so maybe that might hold some of the answers you're after Jerieth.

SSI are one of my favourite game developers so Iíll definitely be checking this one out.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:55 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds very interesting. I'll give it a shot... maybe researching some US Civil War history will help you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games